Tuesday 20 November 2012

Research: Costume

Costume...
Using Dress Up Game software I have gotten I rough idea of what I want the main character to be dressed like...
 
I feel as if these looks give off the right sense of style and wealth in the 18th Century that my character would come from. The colours vary in terms of what it says about the leading lady. The Blue (Which is also one of the colours in my colour pallet) suggests calmness, juxtaposed with the white patterning and the light brown hair we are lead to assume that the character is very innocent. The Purple clothing suggests royalty, that matched with the white hair which we are lead to assume is a wig (which is natural in those times) perhaps makes us believe that she has something to hide, she is not as posh as she comes across or she is incredibly pretentious about her social standing. Final the gold clothing again exudes wealth but the dark hair and long gloves make you more suspicious of this character, thinking that she perhaps has a mischievous nature.

In terms of what I am looking to create I am leaning towards the final out fit choice.
This is for a few reasons.
-Material Wise it would be cheaper to get something without a pattern
-The Design is uncomplicated
-The colour would be easy to find at many fabric shops meaning I could hunt for the cheapest option

My theory is that werewolves must have been able to live in secret as humans for decades if there are only rare sightings once in a full moon, therefore I thought it was important to give one of antagonist the impression of wealthy humanity with a dash of werewolf.

The idea is that a lot of his body is covered so there are only certain aspects that I need to manipulate to give them the werewolf physique. Such as the animal teeth and claws, I can add long and tangled side burns as well as a tail.
That is something that I never noticed about the werewolves in my research. While they were in that in between phase they had no tails. That can be my unique aspect to the werewolves I create when they are half in form.










No comments:

Post a Comment