Monday 10 December 2012

Research Summary: How I would create my own monster.


I have already talked about getting or creating the costume as well as my choices when it comes to the location. That leaves the make up of the Werewolf. Looking back at my previous research I have decided that the best things to do will be to model my Werewolf to look like Tyler Posey aka Scott Mcall on MTV's Teen Wolf.


Based on my other research point I believe this will be best achieved by following these make up steps



And buying these props.


Though I could also make the nails myself I this I prefer these as they look more threatening and manly. Also as there is only going to be one character that we will see in close up werewolf form then I only the one set. Or maybe two to be on the safe side.

Something I didn't mention before were the eyes. This can be sorted easily enough by buying coloured contacts. [All contacts vary between 10.99 and 16.99 and can be used for up to 30days]

Black Eyes: Normally associated with Demons
 Red Eyes: Normally associated with Blood Thirsty Vampires
 Silver Eyes: Normally associated with Wizards
 White Eyes: Normally associated with Werewolves or Psychics
 Yellow Eyes: Normally associated with Werewolves, Snakes, Demons


The ones that appealed to me the most were the White ones as it feels both eerie and frightening not coming across as too cheesy/cliché or over the top as red or yellow ones might have. Also it reminds me of the moon, which is as we know a key element of Werewolf-ism
http://www.eyesbright.com/ As an alternative, coloured contacts are also sold at drugstores and costume shops for around the same price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment